Lamb here is far cheaper than it is back home – and its delicious! I find when I come home from work I often don’t want a heavy meal, but I also want something warm! A warm salad is the perfect option. I love this pairing of lamb and pomegranate and mint! The flavours really burst and the crunch of the pomegranate seeds really add to the appeal.
To make this salad I really just marinate the lamb steaks, grill them to medium rare, slice and then throw together with greens and veggies.
To make the lamb:
- 2-3 lamb steaks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salad greens (arugula, lamb’s lettuce, radicchio, etc)
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- Handful of asparagus, blanched and chopped
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- handful of mint, chopped
- Marinate lamb for several hours. Remove from marinade and grill to medium rare.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Let sit for 10 minutes while you toss the salad ingredients
- Slice lamb and set over salad, pour juice over salad as dressing.