Happy belated everyone-gets-to-be-Irish day!
I know this is late but we had a great St Patty’s day party at work which included a potluck and these were the cupcakes I made!
Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Guinness
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 24-30 cupcake cups, or fill with paper liners.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter, Guinness, cocoa and brown sugar, whisking often, until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Sift together salt, flour, white sugar and baking soda. Add the cooled Guinness mixture and beat for 1 minute. Add eggs and sour cream and beat for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly amongst the cupcake cups. Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes. Cool in pan 20 minutes, then remove and transfer to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 4-6 cups confectioners’ sugar
- pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons Irish cream
- Cream butter until very light and fluffy. Add salt, and slowly add confectioners sugar. Add Bailey’s and milk until spreadable consistency is achieved.
Recipe adapted from one on food.com: http://www.food.com/recipe/guinness-cupcakes-with-baileys-frosting-360499/photo